Visa is not required for Australian and New Zealand citizens travelling to the Republic of Serbia, for short stay up to 90 days. Holders of Australian and New Zealand Travel Document (Permit to Re-enter, Aliens Passport, Refugee Travel Document) need visa for entry to the Republic of Serbia.
If you do not have an Australian or New Zealand passport please check here VISA REGIME to see if you need a visa.
Note: holders of foreign passports who have a valid Schengen, UK and other Member States' visa, or visa of the United States of America, or have a residence permit in the countries of the Schengen area, EU or the USA, may, without prior visa application, enter, transit or stay in the Republic of Serbia up to 90 days during a six-month period, but not exceeding the expiring date of the said visas or residence permits.
Visa applications can be submitted at the Consulate General of the Republic of Serbia in Sydney, in person or by mail.
Please note that a visa application can be submitted at the earliest 3 (three) months before the scheduled date of travel.
General visa requirements:
If applying by post, please provide a pre-paid self-addressed envelope (Express or Registered Post recommended) or additional $7.00 postage for return of visa. If applying from New Zealand, add $15.00 AUD for postage.
Visa application fee can be paid by cash at the Consulate, or by bank cheque or money order, payable to "The Consulate General of the Republic of Serbia", if applying by post.
VISA C - Transit and short stay up to 90 days:
Visa C is issued for Transit and Short stay purposes, including tourism, business or other travel needs, and may be valid for a single, double or multiple entries into Serbia.
VISA C REQUIREMENTS:
VISA D - extended stay from 90 to 180 days:
For travel longer than 90 days within a 180 day period, an extended stay visa D is required. Visa D may be issued under the following categories, and must be supported by documentary evidence, including:
1. EMPLOYMENT: (a) business registration; (b) employment contract, business agreement, sporting engagement or other documents as proof of work engagement of the visa applicant.
2. EDUCATION, STUDY, INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, SPECIALISATION, SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH: (a) proof of enrolment in an accredited educational institution; (b) registration; (c) confirmation letter of professional development; (d) agreement with research organisation; etc.
3. FAMILY REUNION: (where one spouse is a citizen of the R.Serbia) (a) Marriage certificate not older than 6 months; (b) in case of de-facto relationships, statutory declarations of partners and two witnesses regarding their marriage like relationship, proof of same address; relationship registration certificate, birth certificate of mutual children if any; etc.
4. RELIGIOUS WORKER: (a) church/religious community registration certificate; (b) employment agreement or letter from the religious institution: other.
5. MEDICAL TREATMENT: (a) health institution/hospital registration; (b) health institution letter stipulating place, type and period of treatment; (c) health insurance provider letter; other.
6. REAL ESTATE OWNERSHIP: (a) Certificate of Title; (b) signed Contract of Sale; (c) Deed of gift; (d) Inheritance court decision; other.
VISA D REQUIREMENTS:
For further information on "Travel to Serbia", please refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Serbia website.